Thursday, September 4, 2014

if I had $1000 to spend at Need Supply

Everyone should shop at Need Supply. It is one of those impossibly chic but cool shops, where I imagine artists and extremely intelligent college students shop. The price points make it accessible though, and I must look at the sales 100 times a year.

Many, many years ago, a girl I knew told me about her husband making her spend $1000 on herself, to the penny. It was so many years ago that amount was pretty darn significant. I was very jealous and that whole scenario played into my "want to meet the perfect husband" daydream.  The years passed, and I figured out relationships that require shopping sprees may not be the ideal,  but the $1000 to the penny still resonates.  So if I had exactly $1000 to spend

I would start with this dress, because it is sheer but sort of nerdy sophisticated looking . . .

I would wear these pants under it though. Because I am old and sheer dresses are in my far distant past and besides it looks cooler this way . ..

these booty mules  are not the perfect choice from a styling point of view for my imaginary outfit but I DON"T CARE BECAUSE I LOVE THEM INTENSELY.


the bag was hard, because I had like $52 left. It was a dilemma.  Do I get what would pass an instyle "make the outfit" challenge? Or do I go with love it intensely?



Loved it intensely!  Had a dollar left over!

No comments: